During custom systems development, the team considers your entire logistics ecosystem to make a product that does the tasks that your business needs. Nevertheless, here's a list of base features every TMS has:
● Contract Management: convenient document viewing, expenses comparisons, tracking of agreements and deadlines in real-time; the ability to get and send notifications if documents need to be updated and requested.
● Freight Audit: check and verify your freight bills for accuracy; pay invoices and create payment vouchers all in one place.
● Reporting and Analytics: historical unloading data, distribution models, the overview of trends and prices all in one place; use of specialized maps for visualization of delivery routes allowing to strategize for future deliveries
● Efficiency Monitoring: customizable reports with KPI trackers such as trends, mileage costs, shipments, order status information, and the possibility to integrate more customization at any time.
● Risk Management: thanks to the audit process and notification automation, you can effectively minimize potential risks.
● Transportation Process Overview: the ability to track leads from the moment of acceptance until delivery to the final destination; get an overview of the shipments, status changes, information about your deliveries, and communications with distributors and clients all in real-time.
Research and define your business needs; identify tasks to solve with the product; estimate resources needed for the project.
Preliminary work assessment: estimating the time and cost for the development.
System and Functionality Specifications
Select the technologies, system design, and product functionality based on your requirements and expectations.
The entire step-by-step work plan.
Structure the entire system using visualization tools; develop the prototype and design.
Visualized product; you know exactly what to expect, we know exactly what to develop.
Front-end development (client-oriented part); back-end (system-oriented part).
Practically functional system.
Find and fix defects; make sure the product satisfies your expectations and our standards.
Transportation Management System is ready for launch.
Deployment and Support
Release the product and make it available for the end-users; train the employees to use the system; provide system support and updates during the process.
TMS is live and makes your business more profitable.
Get Custom Logistics and Transportation Software
Companies that handle transportation and logistics have branches and many subdivisions. So, it is important if you are in freight forwarding or warehouse management it is crucial to consider fleet management software development to enhance operations and grow the business. Custom logistics software development optimizes your business processes, optimizes logistics, eliminates issues with the shipment, improves transportation and route planning, and reduces various costs. Let us look at why custom logistics and transportation software is vital.