During custom systems development, the team considers your entire logistics ecosystem to make a product that does the tasks that your business needs. Nevertheless, here's a list of base features every TMS has:
● Contract Management: convenient document viewing, expenses comparisons, tracking of agreements and deadlines in real-time; the ability to get and send notifications if documents need to be updated and requested.
● Freight Audit: check and verify your freight bills for accuracy; pay invoices and create payment vouchers all in one place.
● Reporting and Analytics: historical unloading data, distribution models, the overview of trends and prices all in one place; use of specialized maps for visualization of delivery routes allowing to strategize for future deliveries
● Efficiency Monitoring: customizable reports with KPI trackers such as trends, mileage costs, shipments, order status information, and the possibility to integrate more customization at any time.
● Risk Management: thanks to the audit process and notification automation, you can effectively minimize potential risks.
● Transportation Process Overview: the ability to track leads from the moment of acceptance until delivery to the final destination; get an overview of the shipments, status changes, information about your deliveries, and communications with distributors and clients all in real-time.
Research and define your business needs; identify tasks to solve with the product; estimate resources needed for the project.
Preliminary work assessment: estimating the time and cost for the development.
System and Functionality Specifications
Select the technologies, system design, and product functionality based on your requirements and expectations.
The entire step-by-step work plan.
Structure the entire system using visualization tools; develop the prototype and design.
Visualized product; you know exactly what to expect, we know exactly what to develop.
Front-end development (client-oriented part); back-end (system-oriented part).
Practically functional system.
Find and fix defects; make sure the product satisfies your expectations and our standards.
Transportation Management System is ready for launch.
Deployment and Support
Release the product and make it available for the end-users; train the employees to use the system; provide system support and updates during the process.
TMS is live and makes your business more profitable.
Get Custom Logistics and Transportation Software
Companies that handle transportation and logistics have branches and many subdivisions. So, it is important if you are in freight forwarding or warehouse management it is crucial to consider fleet management software development to enhance operations and grow the business. Custom logistics software development optimizes your business processes, optimizes logistics, eliminates issues with the shipment, improves transportation and route planning, and reduces various costs. Let us look at why custom logistics and transportation software is vital.
Questions & Answers
What is the meaning of transportation management?
Transport management definition implies that this process is centered around managing the processes of transportation that constitute the supply chain and making the working process effective. The definition of transport management also implies that the goal of transport management services is to optimize these processes with respect to the price-performance ratio.
Why is Transportation Management important?
Transportation management is a set of measures that have an influence on the whole professional performance of transportation businesses. Since technology is nowadays affecting every industry, transportation management systems (TMSs) are vital for saving resources while keeping all the processes in a transportation business productive. Transportation management systems’ benefits include reduced labor costs, improved customer satisfaction, and faster work. With proper transport management development, you can improve your performance and save money at the same time.
What are the benefits of transportation management system in our economy?
Some of the main benefits of transportation management systems for businesses include:
better cost savings;
more organized orders;
and so on. The advantages of the transport management systems in the US economy become even more prominent as in the reality of constant market changes and increasing pressure associated with competition, business owners need a robust and versatile solution that will allow them to enhance productivity and profit. TMSs prove themselves to be cost-effective and versatile, as they help in improving cost savings and increasing warehouse productivity. These tools are also efficient in reducing the number of pending items in inventory and organizing orders, which is also very important in terms of productivity, since reducing small tasks and, at the same time, satisfying customer needs, affects the performance of a business.